WHATSAPP

Thursday

Dumb Little Man: Self Help: Why Bother? Nothing Changes. I’m Stuck. How to get Unstuck and get Moving Again

Dumb Little Man: Self Help: Why Bother? Nothing Changes. I’m Stuck. How to get Unstuck and get Moving Again

Link to Dumb Little Man - Tips for Life

Self Help: Why Bother? Nothing Changes. I’m Stuck. How to get Unstuck and get Moving Again

Posted: 12 Jun 2013 07:11 AM PDT


The repetitive buzzing rattled my brain and startled my body.

No – I don't want to get out of bed! It's too early, too cold and it's too much effort to get up…

I can't be arsed to go to boot-camp!

This is the conversation I had with myself this morning as my alarm went off at 6.15 a.m. Every Monday and Friday I have signed up to go to an exercise boot-camp on my local beach. I've been going for a few weeks and now it's getting harder to get up on boot-camp mornings, simply because I know what is coming and it's going to hurt!

I have been wrestling with my resistance and apathy, and for a moment I got stuck.


This stuckness can happen just as easily with my writing. My inspiration and creativity just dry up, when I focus on worrying about delivering to other people and trying to be perfect. Also if I spend too much time on it and get too physically sedate, because there is not enough variety or physical action to balance out having my head in my laptop.
Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment