WHATSAPP

Saturday

THE GAMUTT: Entertainment /Lifestyle Blog

THE GAMUTT: Entertainment /Lifestyle Blog


#MAYHEM #FloydMayweatherJr DEFEATS #Maidana in UNANIMOUS decision! [details]

Posted: 13 Sep 2014 10:54 PM PDT



Love him or loathe him, you can't deny him.

Floyd Mayweather once again proved he's far and away the best fighter in the world by routing Marcos Maidana on Saturday at a packed MGM Grand Garden, retaining the WBC welterweight and super welterweight titles with a unanimous decision.

Judge Guido Cavalieri had it 115-112, but John McKaie and Dave Moretti had it 116-111 for Mayweather.

Mayweather gave himself a C-minus, but if that was a C-minus, nobody else could ever get a passing grade. He dictated the pace, landed more than half of his shots and connected with the hardest shots.



AND THIS IS WHY HE IS the UNDEFEATED CHAMPION!!!


Maidana said he thought he won the fight, but he was alone in that assessment.

"I was in great condition and I never felt tired," Maidana said. "You don't win a fight by running. I thought I won the fight. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe the judges love fighters who run. I don't want to waste my time with a third fight. I trained with all my heart and to get this type of result, this is not fair and there is no reason for another fight."

Strangely, Mayweather seemed off-put by his performance. Maidana again tried to fight a rough-and-tumble fight and Mayweather did well to avoid being caught by anything wild.

But he wasn't happy with his defense. As he left the ring, he stood on the top step watching highlights on the large video board. He grinned wanly after seeing his hand raised.

"I got hit with shots tonight I shouldn't have gotten hit with, but that's the sport," Mayweather said.

He focused almost exclusively with his left hand in the early part of the fight, dropping the right hand in only on occasion. But as the middle rounds wore on he fired more rights until the biting incident.

All in all, it was a great night for Mayweather.
(Source:)


www.TheGamutt.com

2 comments: