WHATSAPP

Wednesday

Dumb Little Man: The One Technique to Get What You Want From Difficult People

Dumb Little Man: The One Technique to Get What You Want From Difficult People

Link to Dumb Little Man - Tips for Life

The One Technique to Get What You Want From Difficult People

Posted: 23 Sep 2014 05:35 AM PDT

board-meetingLast week I was in Silicon Valley and I was meeting with one of my consulting clients, a CTO at a high growth startup. During our conversation, we started talking about one of his engineering managers. He was struggling to manage this fellow, since every time they were trying to make a decision (green-lighting a new feature, adjusting their strategy, etc.) this manager reacted with resistance. It didn't matter what the decision was; it seemed like he always had an objection. Luckily, I was able to help. How? Well, I know a lot about this kind of difficult behavior firsthand, because I used to be that guy. As engineers we are taught to look for bottlenecks. When building software the ability to think through potential […]

The post The One Technique to Get What You Want From Difficult People appeared first on Dumb Little Man.

1 comment: