WHATSAPP

Saturday

Dumb Little Man: Play The Game of Life As If You Have Nothing to Lose

Dumb Little Man: Play The Game of Life As If You Have Nothing to Lose

Link to Dumb Little Man - Tips for Life

Play The Game of Life As If You Have Nothing to Lose

Posted: 21 Mar 2014 07:10 AM PDT

A few days ago I was surfing with a friend of mine and what appeared to be a perfect wave appeared on the horizon. So, I started paddling for it. From where my friend was sitting he could see exactly what the wave was going to do, so I shouted to him "is it going to close out?" and he yelled back "no , just GO!!." By the time I had tried to go it was too late.



The Opportunity Cost of Hesitation
My hesitation had cost me what might have been one of the best waves of the day. Many of us behave the same way in life. We linger on the edge of decisions, choices and commitments. We hesitate and opportunities pass us by. Hesitation is the kiss of death when it comes to progress. Even if you manage to take action, you do it from a place of reluctance which increases the likelihood that you'll fail. If I had actually gone for that wave it's almost guaranteed that I would have wiped out because I wasn't fully committed to it.
Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment