WHATSAPP

Wednesday

Dumb Little Man - tips for life: “Juggling Generational Differences In The Workplace Is An Important Skill You Should Have” plus 1 more

Dumb Little Man - tips for life: “Juggling Generational Differences In The Workplace Is An Important Skill You Should Have” plus 1 more

Link to Dumb Little Man - Tips for Life

Juggling Generational Differences In The Workplace Is An Important Skill You Should Have

Posted: 06 Aug 2013 10:29 AM PDT

Relationships are tough. Add in generational differences -- whether between grandparents and grandchildren or between Baby Boomers and Millennials in the office -- and tough becomes an understatement.

In today's workforce, where you're likely to find hard-working Baby Boomers, born between 1946 and 1964, working side-by-side with tech-driven Millennials (or Gen Yers), born in the late 1970s and into the late 1990s, the tension is obvious.

When you start witnessing cliques forming, people not wanting to work together, work quality suffering, projects stopping and starting, or complaints about colleagues arising, you might want to consider whether generational tensions are floating to the surface.
Read more »

7 Steps to Beat Your Fear of Flying

Posted: 06 Aug 2013 06:16 AM PDT

Does the thought of stepping foot on a plane reduce you to a quivering wreck?

If so, I know how you feel. Because that used to be me.

Luckily, I've refined a series of mind hacks to beat this miserable phobia. But before I show you how, let me share my fear of flying story.

I'm originally from Australia – a country where the distances between its handful of cities is so vast that flying is an essential part of life.

That's why I was a part of the jet-set pretty much from birth. In fact, as a kid, nothing excited me more than the chance to roar off down the runway.

It was pure bliss.
   
Until I reached my teens. That's when anxious thoughts first darted through my mind.
Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment